Despite my comment, I began to seriously consider creating one. Ryan convinced me, and although I don't know how, it was decided. We have officially joined the blogging throng. (We'll see how it goes.)
Once the decision was made the hardest part came, the naming of the blog. I thought of a lot of names, none of which I liked. I even got Ryan involved in the brainstorming process. We finally decided on "Uff da Moment." Here's how the name was born.
If you know me, you probably know I do a lot of funny stuff not even meaning to. One of my good friends, Kim, and my sister Jayne named these moments "Jessie Moments." Well, this is kind of blog for Ryan and I and our future family so I couldn't call it "Jessie Moments" because it isn't just about me any more. However, I really liked the idea and wanted to do something similar.
Most of you know that Ryan is of Norwegian decent. His great grandfather was the one to come to the United States. Needless to say the entire Klemetson family is very proud of being Norwegian. When Ryan was in high school his favorite phrase was "Uff da," a Norwegian phrase meaning "oops", "ouch", "drats", or "I am overwhelmed". Ryan would use this phrase constantly and got most of our high school friends to use it as well. It has become his trademark phrase.
We felt that naming our post Uff da moments would be perfect, simply because most of my "Jessie moments" were accidental and uff da can work perfectly with that. Also, uff da is a phrase that may frequent this page often.
So there you have it. Uff da moments has been created for the convience and laughter of all.
Oh I love you.
ReplyDelete