I haven't posted anything lately about how our girls are growing and developing and my mom has been giving me a hard time, so I figured it was time.
Lilly just turned 11 months last week and I can hardly believe that my baby is going to be 1 in just 22 short days. Lilly took her first steps a few nights ago. They were two very wobbly steps, but they were deliberate and intentional steps. Ever since then she has been taking a few steps a day. I think she is still very nervous about it and will usually kneel down and crawl rather than walk. Lilly is one who waits to do something until she knows she can do it all the way. For instance, crawling. It took her only a day or two of really trying before she was cruising everywhere as fast as she could. I think it will be that way with walking. She will continue to be extremely hesitant until she wakes up one day and is running.
She is also communicating with us so much more. She babbles constantly! She can sign the words "more," "milk," "all done" and waves bye-bye. She waves to absolutely everyone. Here is a cute video.
Lilly is also an avid climber. She tries to climb onto everything. Luckily most things are still too big, but that doesn't prevent her from crawling onto the things she can reach, such as our little white rocking chair, the bottom shelf of the end table, and into just about everything if is lower than her waist, primarily the toy box. Sometimes she will go heels over head to get into it too. :-)
Here are some of Eliza's recent saying that just melt my heart or make me giggle.
She says "surely" in front of anything. ex. "This soup is surely hot." or "This yogurt is surely good."
"Mines" instead of "mine" or "my" ex. "those are blocks are mines." And she doesn't say it rudely, but more matter-of-fact-ly. It is usually accompanied by her hands out to the side and bouncing up and down.
"I don't mememmer" instead of "I don't remember"
Today I came in the room and said "Hey sweet girl." to which she replied "Hey sweet....mommy."
She called band-aides either "rubber bands" or "rubber band aids" depending on the day.
When asked what her full name is she replies "Eliza Anne Grandma Klemson"
"My own hansome pince." and "I kiss my own hansome pince on the lips."
I love that our girls are already best friends. I hope it stays that way.
so sweet. I love hearing about the girls! Adam says "mines" to. it's adorable. Lilly is a cutie too! thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Your girls are beautiful! And I love reading all the cute things Eliza is saying. Cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteAwww your girls are so cute! I love it!
ReplyDelete