Thursday, July 23, 2009

I GOT A JOB!!!

This past Monday I received a phone call from the principal at Sunrise Elementary in Sandy, Utah. He offered me a fifth grade position teaching the ALPS (Accelerated Learning Program for Students) class.

I am thrilled about this position. First off, it is the same grade I taught last year, so I already have a pretty good start on the curriculum and have a lot of materials. Second, it will give me a chance to get my Gifted and Talented Endorsement, which I wanted to get anyway. Most importantly though...it's a JOB! I was starting to get nervous about finding a teaching position come fall and I am relieved to have a job.

The school year will begin Aug. 26 but I will start working in my classroom as soon as I get back to Utah.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are amazing to be able to land a great job with a phone interview! Good luck getting ready for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie!! It's Rach. :) I'm glad you have a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I LOVE My Name Is Asher Lev. So good.

    ReplyDelete