Monday, June 21, 2010

Race for the Cure

About a week ago a race for breast cancer was held in Moline. As a part of that race, John Deere interns had a chance to paint a sign on the street at the starting line. Ryan jumped on this volunteer opportunity and we both signed up to help.
It was a great experience and a wonderful way to spend a Friday night. Because there was a lot of painting I became the official photographer so I could stay away from the fumes. Even though I wasn't allowed to help with the painting, I did help draw the ribbon for the "I".



Ryan had a great time painting and got paint all over the place, including my shirt.









The final project.


At the end of it all, we even got a picture in the loader of a John Deere tracker. Yup, a real John Deere tracker.

Unfortunately, it rained so hard the next morning that the race was cancelled. Uff da! However, the sign is still there a week and a half later and people still "ooh" and "ahh" over it. Komen's national headquarters even want step by step instructions on how to do it for future races. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. That sign looks super duper. Bummer that the race got cancelled, but that's great that they want step by step instructions. ROCK ON! PS. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete