Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthdays


November is full of birthdays, for both Ryan's family as well as mine. Add them together and...well, you get what I mean.

The first birthday of the month is our new nephew Royal McKay Smith, son to Jordan and Rachel Smith. He is such a cute boy with hair to rival Eliza's, even though hers is longer. From what we can tell he has such a sweet disposition, but then again, any one week old typically does. Happy BIRTH-day Royal and welcome to the family. You have two awesome parents and two really cool siblings.

The next birthday to come was Ryan's on the 9th. He turned a big 'ole 25!!! He officially feels OLD. It was fun to reflect on the past 25 years with him and make goals for the next 25. His greatest desire is to become CEO of John Deere and Co...Nah! His biggest goal is to be the best dad there is, and maybe even a grandpa by then. (Kind of weird to think about.) I love how his first thoughts are always about our family and our well-being. He is truly the kindest, humblest man I know and am honored to be his eternal companion. Happy birthday Ryan.

My dad's birthday was the day following Ryan's. Next to Ryan, my father is the best man that I know. He has always been such a support to me. I love how he always makes our family laugh through his wit. He is constantly trying to "make" my mom laugh. She more often rolls her eyes, which then make the rest of us laugh. I could not have asked for a better father. Happy birthday Papa.

When I was little I always thought that my dad took work off just for my birthday, which is the day after his. As I got older I realized that my birthday fell on Veteran's Day and he would always get my birthday off, but not because of me. Oh well. I had a great birthday. I got just what I wanted from Ryan, a ladle and a new shirt. (I had to "hint" so he would know.) Ryan made waffles for me that morning and his famous fried chicken that night. Thanks Ryan. I also turned 25 and officially feel old, but not as old as Ryan. ;) Happy birthday me.

My mother-in-law's, LeeAnn, birthday was this past Monday. I hope it was a wonderful day for a wonderful mother. She is an excellent person that everyone should know. She is so kind, caring, and loving. She is constantly thinking of her children and of ways to help them grow up to be the wonderful people they are. I have learned so much from her example. I am truly honored to be considered as one of her daughters. Happy birthday Mom.

The final birthday of the month is yet to come; my niece Lauren. Lauren will be turning 10 this year. She has been such a joy to our family. I remember how excited I was for her to be born and the fun times we have had as she has grown up. I love how we sit and just talk with each other about her school, or goals, or just random things her siblings do. She is also one of the most brilliant and talented 4th graders I know, my nephew Max being the other. She can tell you just about anything you want to know about astronomy. When she was real little she said she wanted to be a "star scientist" and I bet she would make a great one. Happy birthday Lauren.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. gosh. LAUREN IS 10!!! Insane!

    Happy birthday again.
    And I agree-Ryan is one of the most humble of the humblest.

    ReplyDelete