Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Most Amazing Dinner!

As part of our birthday celebration, Jessie and I decided to splurge and eat at a local Italian restaurant. Jessie insisted on making the reservations because on a Friday night her schedule can be a little crazy depending on how it goes babysitting David.

She set a really late reservation so we could do some shopping first, and was "silly" enough to forget her coat back at the apartment. Of course, one cannot go to a restaurant without a coat so we went back to the apartment, at which point I was greeted with this sign:

I can be a little clueless, so I did not realize what was going on until I saw our excellent waiter and waitress, Justin and Michele Smith.

Jessie had completely surprised me. She had spent the entire day cooking a fabulous meal that included Caeser salad, roasted vegetables, the best salmon I have ever had, and an ice cream centered dessert. Justin and Michele had decorated our apartment turning Eliza's room into our own private dinning room. They also used their recently acquired language skills while in Belgium to add to the ambiance of an Italian/French getaway. The food was delicious, the hosts were gracious and the company divine. I would recommend "Il Restorante" to anyone. It really was one of the best birthdays I have ever had and I am so grateful for such a loving spouse.

Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment