Eliza turned 8 months last week, and since then a lot has been going through my mind. I feel as if she has grown up so fast. I mean wasn't it just yesterday when she was completely reliant on me and Ryan, whereas now she is mostly mobile and is able to let us know exactly what she wants or doesn't want. In some ways I can't wait for her to hit the next milestone, but a greater part of my wants her to stay just the way she is. She is so fun to be around. Her laugh is contagious, her smile warming, and how can you say "no" to those eyes?
In Wymount we have a lot of friends who had babies right around the same time Eliza was born. It is great fun to have the babies "play" together. Let's face it, mostly they just take toys away from each other. Clearly whatever the other baby has is more fun than what Eliza has, even if she just refused it. During our play-dates we mothers tend to compare our babies to see what each can do, or can't do, and look forward to new things, or reminisce of when babies were not mobile or teething or creating such stinky diapers.
Because Eliza is so small for her age she tends to be on the slower end physically than our friend's babies. NOT because she isn't smart, she is just small. In fact I really believe it is because she has had to work harder to reach the milestones simply because she doesn't have the fat supply to weigh her down while sitting and act as an added support. I am not saying fat babies are not good because I have had quite a few fat nieces and nephews and they turned out just fine, plus they are SO cute. I have just come to realize that Eliza not being fat is not a bad thing and she will be just fine too. Needless to say I am proud of Eliza and of all her accomplishments. Here is a list of a few.
-Proficient roller
-Sits
-Moves from sitting to laying
-Walks around the house in her walker
-Walks while holding somebody's hands
-Feeds herself puffs and Cheerios
-On occasion insists on feeding herself baby food
-Dances to music, especially Rap. I know...weird
And her latest accomplishment....army crawling. We were lucky enough to catch it on video one of the first times she actually did it.
In conclusion, I love Eliza. She is a great baby and I am honored to be her mother. I look forward to all the fun times ahead, yet will remember the small and seemingly insignificant.
We love Eliza too! And we are glad you shared those balloons with us...nonstop fun!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! You should dress her up in some pink camo and let her at it...
ReplyDeleteYay Eliza! Sydney just army crawls everywhere, but she is super fast. Get ready for Eliza to follow you EVERYWHERE! :) I can't believe she's 8 months now. So exciting. --Rachel
ReplyDelete