After looking at several apartments and turning in several applications, Ryan wanted to show me his mission. It was great day driving all over South Bay. We went to this cool Korean park, where a bell, given as a token of friendship from South Korea to the US, is displayed. The park also overlooks the ocean and Catalina Island.
Eliza loved chasing the seagulls.
We also drove through the Palos Verdes Hills, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and visited the Los Angeles Temple. It was a great weekend.
Yesterday our ward held a swap meet. It is basically a chance to get rid of all your DI items and things you just don't want and to grab anything you do want...for free. I was excited for this years swap meet because I had a lot of things to get rid of due to moving soon. I wasn't expecting to pick anything up. Then I fell in love.
It is small and needs some work but I am excited to learn the ways of the master and follow in my mother's footsteps while refinishing it.
And for kicks, here is a quick video of Eliza chasing the seagulls. You can hear her squeal with excitement.
We're going to miss you. Your new place looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSo John Deere is sending you to L.A., and not to Lenexa. We had our hopes high. Maybe in a few years.
ReplyDeleteIs it okay that I am already planning my trip to LA to come visit you? Way cool that you got settled with an apartment! You aren't moving for a couple more months though, correct?
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see what you do with that table. Take pictures of your progress. I'm not smart when it comes to fixing up stuff like that. ;)
Aunt Kay,
ReplyDeleteWere hoping to move to Lenexa next year when they rotate us again one can wish.
Diana,
You are more than welcome to come visit anytime as long as it is within the next year. We are actually moving in just about 10 days. CRAZY!!
The apartment looks great. And that table is fab! Really excited for you guys and this next adventure!
ReplyDeleteAwesome kitchen: so much storage! Best of luck to you and your beautiful family!
ReplyDelete