Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yummy Food

I have a dear friend who is a fantastic cook. I wish I could venture out with different foods like her and still have it taste excellent. Anyway, she frequently blogs about the yummy, yummy food she makes. It reminds me of the days when I too was newlywed and made a meal for Ryan every night for the first three months. Sometimes I wish I still did that, but alas, life if different.

I do cook, however infrequently it might be. I also, however, rarely take pictures like my friend and my older sister. As I was going through pictures from the last few months I found some of food that I did make. Ta-da. Proof.


These burgers turned out to be incredibly huge but Oh!, so delicious. Homemade burgers are always much better than those from a burger joint. Our trick, grilled onions as well as chili powder on top of the burger as it cooks. It add just the right about of flavor.



I have another dear friend from South Korea, and before I moved to California, she taught me how to make Chapchae. It turned out amazing. Eliza even couldn't get enough of it. My friend would be so proud of me, I ate my entire meal with chop sticks. That's right, no fork or western utensil. It was hard and took a long time, but that meant more time to enjoy.


While living in LA, Ryan and I have decided to try to eat lots of ethnic foods that we would not have the chance to eat elsewhere. We rarely go out to eat, but on the special occasion that we do, we try new foods. One such place was Veronica's Kitchen, a Nigerian place.

This was so much fun to go to. We were the only white people in the entire restaurant. It was awesome. Ryan ordered us some fu-fu (foo-foo) with some chicken soup. Fu-fu is a mass of what looks like and has the consistency of play dough. It is made from crushed melon seeds. You break off of piece of the ball and form it into a spoon. You then dish up some soup with it and eat the whole thing. It sounds weird, but is really quite good. Beware, it is very spicy and not for weak tongues. We even got mild and it was almost too much for me.



Me demonstrating how to eat fu-fu.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made my mouth water. Kirk's dad would love that y'all are eating Nigerian food! He talks about Nigeria to anyone who will listen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your burgers and Vietnamese food look SO good! And now I want to find a Nigerian restaurant!

    ReplyDelete