It only took me 4 months to fix these pictures from popping them out of their frames on the drive back from Utah at Christmas time, and then another 7 weeks to actually hang them up. But here they are. I was given these pictures by my mom. They always remind me of her and of my home in Utah. It's a great addition to my kitchen to make it feel a little more homey.
I have had the same vinyl shower curtain for the past four years and it was getting pretty old. Pieces of it were flaking off and it was starting to discolor. So, I found a shower curtain that I like at IKEA. I like my bathroom a lot more now.
I wish I had a before and after picture for this improvement, however I didn't have any pictures of our old desk. This is because I hated how it was always a mess and things could be seen everywhere, so whenever I was taking a picture, I would point the camera away from the desk. Ryan's work recently had an auction for old office materials they were getting rid of. We bid on this SOLID WOOD desk and got it. I didn't know if I was going to like it or not, but I was so tired of my other one I was willing to give it a shot. I think we won on it too. I did think there were going to be more drawers, but I'm happy for the two that I have now. I also wish that the filing cabinet could fit under the desk, but alas, it doesn't. We just have to keep making due with the things we have now and it will work.
My previous desk had a shelf that was quite high above the desk, so that filled a lot of the wall space. So when we moved this desk in, it felt very empty. We moved our wedding pictures over from another wall and I'm planning on getting a family portrait or picture or some sort to fill the space above the monitor. But as I stated above, I'm not very good at this. So if you have any suggestions, I would REALLY appreciate it and love you forever and ever.
And just because I can't write a post without posting pictures of my fun family, here are some of us at the 175 birthday party for John Deere at Ryan's work.
| Eliza and Daddy in the tractor |
| Pound it! |
| What a fun family. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment