Friday, October 12, 2012

Lillian's Developments


 
Lilly is now 6 1/2 months old. I can hardly believe it. She is growing up so fast. She is such a happy girl. Very vocal, but very happy. She definitely lets Eliza know when she has crossed a line. I recently shared with some people how the "fighting" has begun already. Eliza was "reading" a book quietly to herself when Lilly crawls over and puts her hand on the book. Eliza immediately grabs the book away and yells at the top of her lungs, "No Baby! My book!" Lilly responds by squealing equally loud. It was SO funny! But that is just a quick example of Lilly not letting Eliza step over the boundaries. I would say between Eliza and Lilly, Lilly is definitely the more talkative. It is so much fun to hear to squealing with delight over some toy, or grunting with her daddy.

For her 1/2 month birthday she ate a 1/2 a cake...vicariously through her mommy. She actually reminds me a lot of her cousin Royal in this picture.
Some of Lilly's most recent discoveries include, but are not limited to:
grass
leaves
gagging on said leaves
rice cereal, which she absolutely loves
sweet potato puffs
eating books
shoelaces
bibs, especially pulling them out and strewing them all over the kitchen
zhu-zhu pets
tickling
sitting
moving from a tummy position to sitting upright
putting her own pacifier in her mouth, now if only she could find it at night so I can stop going in there. 
hair, especially Zaza's
bath time fun
picking anything up off of the floor and immediately putting it into her mouth. This is something Eliza never-ever did, so I'm having a bit of a difficult time with it.
And......drum-roll please.....
CRAWLING

Okay, so she has been crawling for about a month now, but it was more like a mish-mashed army crawl, and lunge. It was so funny to watch and now I'm kicking myself for not getting a video of it because now she is a bona fide crawler, something that Eliza wasn't until she was almost 10 months old. 
Anyway, here's the proof you've all been waiting for...the video.
 
See...isn't she so cute? I love that smile. She has been cruising everywhere today. I would often leave her in her room and then find her in the bathroom a few minutes later. Or leave her in the living room to go  work in the kitchen and she would follow me right in and just play at my feet. I will say it has made the whole separation anxiety thing 100 percent better. Now that she has the ability to follow and find us makes her feel so much more comfortable.

I love this little girl so much and love being her mommy each and every day. She really is a joy to have in our family and all of us a better people because of her. We love you Miss Lillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment