Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Month Later

It has been exactly one month since Lilly joined our family. We are so blessed to have her be apart of our family. She is such a sweet, wonderful baby. I feel as if she has been in my life since the very beginning. Even though she is only one month old, I can barely remember my life without her, just as my life before Eliza is more of a dream. 

Now I'm a mom. That's my identity. And my daughters are Eliza and Lilly. They always have been. My life completely revolves around their needs and wants. I often find myself missing my breakfast due to feeding Lilly and finally getting around to it hours later. Even then, I have to remind myself to sit down, eat, and take care of myself, if only it is because it will then allow me to take care of my daughters. I miss sleep in order to take care of a hungry infant or a toddler with a fever because she needs me. I would do anything for my girls. 

I know you though. You're not reading my blog to hear me spew my thoughts. You are here to see pictures and watch videos...right? Well here are some pictures of our expanding family from the past month.

Lilly with family

Eliza meeting Lillian for the first time. She immediately 
wanted to give her kisses and nothing else.
Daddy and Lilly
Our first family photo
Grandma Smith, Eliza and Lilly
Lilly with Papa Smith
My dad had to teach class down in Parawon, Utah the week my mom was here helping me adjust to being a mom of two. He decided that since he had made almost half of the trip to California he might as well complete the trip and surprise us with visit for a few days. So, Friday morning while we were eating breakfast, we got a knock on the door. Who should it be.. but my dad, holding a carton of eggs. Apparently, he was hungry. He sure got us good.

Lilly's Funny Sleeping Positions





 

In Grandma's arms
Waking up
Awake! I love how much time she spends being awake now that she is older.

Big Sister, Little Sister

Eliza reading to Lilly


Helping with her pacifier






And just because it wouldn't be my blog without a video, here is a cute clip of how excited Eliza is to be a big sister. It also shows how she says "Lillian," which is pretty, stinkin' cute if you ask me.



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love the video. L's are hard for kids to say. :) Love all the pics of your cute family!!

    ReplyDelete